The Molenator (Nashville TN)
My job as The Molenator is to remove moles from your lawn & garden and restore your beautiful yard. In our world it is fun to learn a little about moles and we thought we would share our knowledge with you.
Fun Mole Facts
The Molenator has been saving Nashville lawns for 17 years by trapping and removing moles. We have accumulated some fun facts over the years we wish to share with the Nashville, TN community.
What is a mole?
First, let us look at the definition of a mole.
Mole: A mole is a small burrowing mammal that eats insects with dark velvety fur, a long muzzle, and very small eyes. Moles are destructive creatures that can destroy yards, gardens, and lawns.
8 facts about moles and their behavior:
- Moles dig surface tunnels at an average rate of 18 feet per hour.
- Moles travel through existing tunnels at a rate of 80 feet per minute.
- Molehills consist of waste material derived from digging or repairing burrows. Molehills are commonly located where the animal is establishing a new burrow.
- A moleâ€™s preferred food sources are earthworms and insects.
- Over-watering your lawn can draw moles closer to the surface, making tunnels more visible.
- Moles live 4 years, on average.
- A typical mole has 2-7 offspring.
- A moleâ€™s saliva contains a toxin that can paralyze earthworms and moles have the ability to store their still living prey (earthworms and insects) for later consumption.
Do you see evidence of moles in your yard? Do you want someone to trap your yard moles and remove them?
The Molenator is your local professional trapper here to help!
We also remove wildlife, such as raccoons, opossum, and skunks.
More information on wildlife trapping and removal in Nashville TN